X Factor audience continues to trail 2010 figures
'The X Factor' was watched by a peak audience of 11.2 million on Saturday night, down from 13.7 million for the same episode last year.
The X Factor: audience figures continue to slide
According to unofficial figures, the BBC’s celebrity dance competition ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ beat ‘The X Factor’ when the shows were on at the same time for the third week running.
This series is the first time ‘The X Factor’ has been broadcast in the UK without Simon Cowell on the panel and last week reports suggested Cowell was unhappy with the show’s performance and had told them to "shake it up".
Over the course of Saturday’s instalment of ‘The X Factor’ ITV1 and ITV1 HD had an average audience of 9.76 million, a 38.0% share of the audience. An additional 340,100 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
This is down from last year when the equivalent ‘The X Factor’ show had an average audience of 12 million viewers, a 47% share, between 7.45pm and 10pm.
Saturday’s peak ‘The X Factor’ audience of 11.2 million rose to 11.5 million, and a 44% share, if ITV1+1 is included but this is still down from the previous two week shows.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ had an average audience of 9.45 million viewers between 6.30pm and 8.15pm on BBC One and BBC One HD, a 38.7% share of the audience.
When ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and ‘The X Factor’ went head to head between 8pm and 8.15pm BBC One and ‘Strictly’ came out on top with an audience of 9.48 million to ITV1’s 8.26 million.
‘The Jonathan Ross Show’ was watched by a peak audience of 4.3 million on ITV1 and ITV1 HD on Saturday night. This rose to 4.5 million and a 21% share including ITV1+1.
The programme averaged 3.28 million viewers, a 17.4% share, between 10pm and 11pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD. An additional 187,000 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
Last night ‘The X Factor' results show attracted a peak audience of 13.5 million viewers across ITV1, ITV1 HD and ITV1 +1, down from a peak of 15.0 million and a 50% share for the same episode last year.
Across the show, which saw Sami Brooks voted out after a sing off against Kitty Brucknell, ‘The X Factor’ had an average audience of 11.12 million, a 39.8% share, between 8pm and 9pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
An additional 162,500 watched the results show on ITV1 +1.
Last year the average audience for the equivalent show was 13.6 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD.
‘Strictly Come Dancing Results’ had an average audience of 9.66 million, a 37.6% share, between 7.30pm and 8pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.
The Rugby World Cup 2011 final was watched by a peak audience of 6.6 million viewers (6.7 million including ITV1+1) at 10.40am, a 52% share of all TV viewing at that time.
Across the coverage of the Rugby World Cup final, in which New Zealand beat France 8-7, had an audience of 4.17 million between 8.30am and 11.45am, a 38.9% share of the audience.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Lead Graphic Designer / Creative Designer Guru Careers £35 - 40k, Based in London (EC1)