IAB building brands trilogy: Starbucks Via
The cross-media launch campaign for Starbucks Via saw online activity reach consumers at one-third the cost of outdoor and one-fifth the cost of press, according to new research from the IAB and GfK NOP.
The IAB carried out a year-long study with GfK NOP looking at cross-media campaigns for FMCG brands Lucozade, Starbucks and Nestlé, isolating the impact of online in building brands and increasing reach.
The Starbucks campaign, launching their new instant coffee product Via, utilised print, outdoor and online advertising.
The study found that:
- Online reached 52% of the online population at one fifth the cost of press activity and one third the cost of outdoor.
- Display ads on social media delivered increased brand metrics at the lowest cost.
- Online increased product awareness at 80% the cost of press and 50% the cost of outdoor.
- Social media delivered cost-efficient uplifts for all metrics; product awareness was 24% higher than among those who didn’t see the ad, brand favourability 25% higher and purchase intent 33% higher.
- Heavy internet users responded particularly well - showing an uplift of 77% in product awareness.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Assistant Marketing Manager Major Players £30000 - £32000 per annum, Slough