Appointment to view: The making of the Barnardo's 'life story' ad
BBH's Nick Gill and director Ringan Ledwidge offer an insight into the making of the new ad for children's charity Barnardo's.
The ad depicts five stages in the life of one man named Michael, who has been supported by Barnardo's through years of abuse and difficulty.
The campaign explains how the charity can help people from all walks of life.
The creative team behind the ad decided to use old-fashioned editing techniques to portray the changes in Michael's age rather than CGI technology.
Nick Gill, executive creative director at BBH said, "It's about people, it's about children, it's about a charity's fundamental belief that children with the toughest start in life can change, can be given a chance."
The film was shot by acclaimed director Ringan Ledwidge, who kick-started his career in 1999 by winning the Best Young Director accolade at Cannes.
Ledwidge shot the ad with hand-held cameras to create an intimate "home movie" effect.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Manager - Selling to Agencies Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Commission, London
- National Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Client Director - Planning department leading OOH specialist Ultimate Asset £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- EMEA Sales Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £24000 - £28000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London