X Factor double eviction peaks at 14.2 million
'The X Factor' pepped up its ratings last night by evicting two performers and drawing its biggest average results show audience this series.
X Factor: Johnny Robinson on Sunday's show
The 8pm-9pm results show, which ended with exits for The Risk and Johnny Robinson, peaked with 14.2 million including ITV HD and ITV 1+1.
It averaged 12.3 million including ITV HD and ITV 1+1, beating the results show for ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ on BBC One at 7.30pm-8pm by 1.6 million.
ITV’s figures are down from the same stage in last year’s series, which peaked with 16.7 million viewers and averaged 14.9 million.
However, drama hit ‘Downton Abbey’ finished its run with a record average audience of 10.7 million viewers, accounting for a 40% share of viewing. It was up a million on the final episode of the first series.
On Saturday night ‘The X Factor’ peaked at 11 million viewers including ITV HD and ITV 1+1, down from last year’s 13.8 million.
Its average was 9.9 million, down from last year’s 12.2 million.
But while last week’s Saturday night show was beaten by the BBC’s earlier outing of ‘Strictly’, this week it stayed in front of the BBC show’s 9.1 million average.
After ‘The X Factor’, Rolf Harris’ appearance on ‘Piers Morgan’s Life Stories’ and pulled in an average of 4.6 million viewers.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London