Mirror Group Digital reports highest monthly user jump
Mirror Group Digital reported a market-leading 17% jump in average daily traffic in October, luring in 100,000 more daily browsers than it managed in September, according to the latest ABC internet traffic figures.
Mirror Group Digital: recorded a 17% rise in average daily traffic last month
The ABC internet traffic report for October reveals Mirror Group Digital – which includes visitors to mirror.co.uk and 3am.co.uk – along with Guardian.co.uk and Telegraph.co.uk, were the only national websites to report double-digit monthly growth average daily browser numbers.
While still a relative minnow, Mirror Group Digital has extended its lead over rival Independent.co.uk, after a successful October, benefiting from a number of big news stories, including the death of Steve Jobs.
Mirror Group Digital reported 710,695 average daily users in October, a leap of 17.22% on the previous month. Its monthly user number was 15,796,147, up 25.53% on the previous month.
Mail Online continues to lead the way and remains the country's most popular newspaper website, for the13th month running.
Mail Online – which includes visitors to dailymail.co.uk, its fantasy football website and Mail Rewards Club – reported an average daily user number of 4,563,492, up 12.31% on the previous month.
Mail Online has slightly increased its lead over Guardian.co.uk, which remains the second-most-popular visited site.
Guardian.co.uk registered 3,275,624 average daily users in October.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
|ABCe Results October 2011|
|Online title||Global Daily||Daily %||Daily %||Global monthly|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £32K, Leeds
- Online Marketing Executive - global business services giant Perfect Marketing People To £25k, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London