Mirror Group Digital reports highest monthly user jump
Mirror Group Digital reported a market-leading 17% jump in average daily traffic in October, luring in 100,000 more daily browsers than it managed in September, according to the latest ABC internet traffic figures.
Mirror Group Digital: recorded a 17% rise in average daily traffic last month
The ABC internet traffic report for October reveals Mirror Group Digital – which includes visitors to mirror.co.uk and 3am.co.uk – along with Guardian.co.uk and Telegraph.co.uk, were the only national websites to report double-digit monthly growth average daily browser numbers.
While still a relative minnow, Mirror Group Digital has extended its lead over rival Independent.co.uk, after a successful October, benefiting from a number of big news stories, including the death of Steve Jobs.
Mirror Group Digital reported 710,695 average daily users in October, a leap of 17.22% on the previous month. Its monthly user number was 15,796,147, up 25.53% on the previous month.
Mail Online continues to lead the way and remains the country's most popular newspaper website, for the13th month running.
Mail Online – which includes visitors to dailymail.co.uk, its fantasy football website and Mail Rewards Club – reported an average daily user number of 4,563,492, up 12.31% on the previous month.
Mail Online has slightly increased its lead over Guardian.co.uk, which remains the second-most-popular visited site.
Guardian.co.uk registered 3,275,624 average daily users in October.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
|ABCe Results October 2011|
|Online title||Global Daily||Daily %||Daily %||Global monthly|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London