Appointment to View: Behind the scenes of the Jack Daniel's ad
Jack Daniel's has long played on its folksy, small town roots and its festive ad outing, in which it builds a Christmas tree made up of whiskey barrels, is no exception.
The ad, created by Arnold Worldwide, was filmed in Lynchburg, where the Jack Daniel's distillery is based, with about About 70 employees and citizens participating in the two-day shoot.
The garlanded Barrel Tree was made up of 140 white oak whiskey barrels and stood 26 feet tall.
Wade Devers, Arnold Worldwide's global creative director, said: "Lynchburg Tennessee is not just the home place of Jack Daniel's whiskey – it is a reflection of small towns all over the world where traditions provide ways for people to celebrate together."
"The barrel tree is much more than a beautiful TV commercial, it is the beginning of a new tradition for the brand and, more importantly, for the people who carry on the tradition of whiskey-making."
The TV ad first aired in the UK on 1 December and the campaign has received through-the-line support including a global Facebook game developed by Arnold KLP.
The game asks fans of Jack Daniel’s to help protect the whiskey in the 26-foot-high barrel tree by firing snowballs at the notorious "barrel bandits" who are trying to spoil the festive celebrations.
The campaign is running in key global regions including the US, UK, Ireland and South Africa.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Top 5 Agency Fill Recruitment to £37k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Planning Executive Salt £28000 - £32000 per annum, Peterborough