Chiles and Bleakley leave Daybreak with 800,000 viewers
Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley's final outing as presenters of 'Daybreak', the ITV1 morning show that launched to great fanfare last year, was watched by an average of 800,000 viewers yesterday morning.
Daybreak: Christine Bleakley and Adrian Chiles
After a prolonged period of speculation and widespread press reports, ITV last month confirmed that Bleakley and Chiles would be leaving the morning show to focus on their peaktime commitments with ITV1.
Chiles is the anchor of ITV’s live football coverage, including the FA Cup and UEFA Champions League, while Bleakley will focus on a range of peaktime shows, including ‘Dancing on Ice’ and the charity initiative, ‘Text Santa’.
‘Daybreak’ had an average audience of 808,000 viewers between 6am and 8.30am across ITV1 and ITV1 HD yesterday (5 December), a 19.4% share. An additional average of 10,100 viewers watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The first broadcast of 'Daybreak', for which Chiles and Bleakley had been poached from the BBC, attracted a million viewers in September 2010.
The new presenters of ‘Daybreak’ will be announced in due course.
Peter Fincham, ITV director of television, said: "Adrian and Christine are both superb presenters. They have worked tirelessly to help establish 'Daybreak' on ITV1 and they leave the show at a point when ratings have recently seen their biggest year-on-year increase."
‘The Truth About Supermarkets’, Panorama’s special on the big four, had an average audience of 4.52 million viewers, a 17.1% share, last night.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London