Chiles and Bleakley leave Daybreak with 800,000 viewers
Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley's final outing as presenters of 'Daybreak', the ITV1 morning show that launched to great fanfare last year, was watched by an average of 800,000 viewers yesterday morning.
Daybreak: Christine Bleakley and Adrian Chiles
After a prolonged period of speculation and widespread press reports, ITV last month confirmed that Bleakley and Chiles would be leaving the morning show to focus on their peaktime commitments with ITV1.
Chiles is the anchor of ITV’s live football coverage, including the FA Cup and UEFA Champions League, while Bleakley will focus on a range of peaktime shows, including ‘Dancing on Ice’ and the charity initiative, ‘Text Santa’.
‘Daybreak’ had an average audience of 808,000 viewers between 6am and 8.30am across ITV1 and ITV1 HD yesterday (5 December), a 19.4% share. An additional average of 10,100 viewers watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The first broadcast of 'Daybreak', for which Chiles and Bleakley had been poached from the BBC, attracted a million viewers in September 2010.
The new presenters of ‘Daybreak’ will be announced in due course.
Peter Fincham, ITV director of television, said: "Adrian and Christine are both superb presenters. They have worked tirelessly to help establish 'Daybreak' on ITV1 and they leave the show at a point when ratings have recently seen their biggest year-on-year increase."
‘The Truth About Supermarkets’, Panorama’s special on the big four, had an average audience of 4.52 million viewers, a 17.1% share, last night.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- TV senior Planner/Buyer- £28K Ultimate Asset £24000 - £26000 per annum, City of London
- Content Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, South East England
- Website/Digital Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, South East England