Boots seizes top spot in BR app chart
Boots Opticians' Eye Check app has surged to the top of the charts this week, leapfrogging the Coca-Cola Christmas app, which claimed second place.
Boots Eye Check: app tops the BR chart this week
The Eye Check app allows users to carry out some of the checks done by a professional optometrist.
Boots says the app is designed to encourage people to look after their vision and eye health, but does not intend the app to replace routine check-ups with a professional.
The Coca-Cola Christmas app, which allows the creation of virtual snow globes, continues to climb steadily, but could not compete with the surge in popularity of the ‘Eye Check by Boots’ app.
Argos returned to the chart this week with its app that allows consumers to check stock and reserve items at the store of their choice until the end of the following day.
It was recently given an update that includes an automatic reminder and reservation history.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire