Coca-Cola Christmas: The 70s
The 70s saw the emergence of one of the most iconic ads in Coca-Cola's history - the 'hilltop' ad. A Christmas version of this advert was televised in 1977.
Still from the 1977 Coca Cola Hilltop Christmas TV ad
1977 The Christmas 'Hilltop' ad
The Christmas version of this ad came after the brand released the original 'hilltop' ad. The original features teenagers singing "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" and was later followed up with a 'reunion' version.
"I'd like to buy the world a coke" - 1971
The song 'I'd Like To Teach the World to Sing, In Perfect Harmony' was later recorded by the New Seekers and released as a single.
'Hilltop Reunion' - 1990
The "Hilltop Reunion" commercial aired in 1990 during coverage of Super Bowl XXIV featuring the singers and their children. The commercial is a medley of "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" and the then-current "Can't Beat the Real Thing" theme tune.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham