Hall teams up with Max Clifford
Phil Hall, the former editor of the News Of The World has joined forces with PR guru Max Clifford.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Phil Hall, the former editor of the News Of The World has joined forces with PR guru Max Clifford.
Hall confirmed that he started his new job today as “media consultant” to Clifford, who owns PR firm Max Clifford Associates. “I’ve got my pencil sharpened and my packed lunch and I’m all ready to go,” he said.
Hall was sacked from the News Of The World last month and was replaced by Rebekah Wade, deputy editor at The Sun. He had been editor of the Sunday newspaper for five years and was previously deputy editor for two years. He said the reason he was attracted to his new PR role was the freedom and the new challenge. “I have been working for big companies all my life, and have always had to do what the boss says,” he explained. “Now I can do what I want to do and have more freedom to be creative. Also, as editor of a newspaper, you spend 10% of your time on journalism and 90% on managing people. I now have more time to do the things I love.”
He has already begun to explore new areas, including TV. Two of his ideas have been accepted by TV companies – one for a documentary and one for a sporting programme. “I can’t give details, but they’ll be very high profile,” he said.
He joins Max Clifford Associates at an interesting time – South African cricketer Hansie Cronje has just asked Clifford to be his PR representative. Cronje is at the centre of an inquiry regarding alleged match-fixing.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London