Direct marketing charity fund invites grant applications
Funding for research and skills development related to direct marketing is being offered by a new industry charity that has been initially funded by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA).
Rosemary Smith: chairs the DM Foundation charity
The DM Foundation is chaired by Rosemary Smith, a former DMA chair, and has been launched with the intention of helping both organisations and individuals.
It is aiming to give away a sum in the region of £100,000 each year and has invited applications for its first round of grants, by 8 May.
Particular attention will be paid to applications to fund research that provides wide-reaching insight into direct marketing trends and issues, and to support training and education courses or work placements that advance the skills of individuals working in the industry.
Applications for grants of more than £10,000 will require matching funding.
According to current chair Scott Logie, the DMA has donated start-up funds to the charity, "because it complements our mission to drive industry growth by providing companies with the tools they need to do better business".
Various fundraising initiatives will boost the charity’s coffers in future.
Smith said: "The DM Foundation will help those people and organisations that stand to make great long-term contributions to the direct marketing industry, but have found it impossible to source financing for their projects from the market.
"Whether you’re looking to cover tuition fees for vocational courses to climb up the marketing career ladder, or want to fund important research that will help drive industry growth, we want to hear from you."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London