The changing values and behaviours of UK shoppers
Shoppers engaging with a supermarket brand on social media are twice as likely to shop there, according to research from Starcom MediaVest Group.
Wave 1, Space ID
Wave 1, Space ID revealed ‘Community’ and ‘Pleasure’ as the new key battlegrounds for supermarket shoppers amid the economic doom and gloom. Supermarkets Sainsbury’s and Co-Op were found to be best positioned to capitalise on these changing attitudes
Wave 2, Social Media Behaviour Index (SMBI)
Wave 2, Social Media Behaviour Index (SMBI) found shoppers engaging with a brand on social media are twice as likely to shop there, with Waitrose found to be the best at converting social media users into paying customers and Sainsbury’s and Tesco’s activity having the least impact.
Wave 3, Regional Shopper Risk Index (RSRI)
Wave 3, Regional Shopper Risk Index (RSRI) found 8.75m of the 45m regular supermarket shoppers in England and Wales (20%) lack loyalty towards any of the big six supermarkets: Asda, Co-op, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Tesco or Waitrose.
- Waitrose has the least loyal and promiscuous customers with nearly 23% of its 2.03m regular shoppers likely to shop with a rival.
- Tesco most at risk from turncoats due to dominant market share
- Co-Op and Morrisons least at risk
Starcom MediaVest Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London