Champions League final peaks at 10.6 million on ITV1
ITV1's coverage of Chelsea's victory in a penalty shootout against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final peaked at 10.6 million viewers on Saturday night.
Champions League final: attracts 10.6 million to ITV1
According to unofficial overnight figures, ITV1 had a peak audience of 10.56 million viewers, a 43.0% share of the TV watching audience, as the match reached its finishing stages at 10.25pm.
Brands advertising during the show included Mastercard, Nike, Carlsberg, TV marketing body Thinkbox, Ford, Rockstar game 'Max Payne 3', Samsung Television, Strongbow, Activision game 'Call of Duty', Ladbrokes, Pepsi Max, Apple iPhone, Sky, Vodafone and VW.
Between kick-off at 7.45pm until Didier Drogba’s winning penalty at 10.30pm ITV had an average of 7.97 million viewers.
During ITV1’s four and a half hours of coverage the channel had an average of 6.47 million viewers between 7pm and 11.30pm across the standard and high definition channels. An additional 64,700 viewers tuned in an hour later on ITV1 +1.
BBC One’s ‘The Voice’ had an average audience of 5.63 million viewers between 6.30pm and 8pm, a 27.4% share of the audience and way below the audiences figures it achieved in the middle of the series.
Although ‘The Voice’ was the most watched programme for the bulk of the show, once the Champions League game kicked off at 7.45pm it slipped to second place.
ITV launched an extended 120-second version of its ‘It's Good to Dream’ on-air marketing promo for the Euro 2012 championships in Ukraine and Poland ahead of the Champions League game on Saturday.
The promo by ITV’s in-house creative team, ITV Creative, recreates some of England's most agonising football failures since 1966, including ITV pundit Gareth Southgate's 1996 penalty.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)