Aurasma head Martina King departs amid HP turmoil
Martina King, the managing director of augmented reality platform Aurasma, is believed to have resigned.
Aurasma: Back to the Future app created for Universal Pictures UK
King was the managing director of Yahoo Europe and chairman of the Radio Advertising Bureau before becoming managing director of Aurasma in June 2011.
According to a source, King has resigned. Aurasma owner Autonomy has lost approximately 20% of its staff following its acquisition by Hewlett-Packard in October.
The entire Autonomy management board have also allegedly resigned including: Nicole Eagan, chief marketing officer; Pete Menell, CTO; Andy Kanter,COO; Steve Chamberlain, CFO; and Sushovan Hussein, president.
Autonomy declined to comment.
This week it also emerged Autonomy founder and chief executive Mike Lynch was leaving the company after HP confirmed it would be cutting 27,000 jobs.
Augmented reality platform Aurasma is increasingly gaining traction in print and outdoor advertising and is also being adopted by brands for initiative including virtual window shopping.
Tesco is running virtual window shopping in three of its central London stores to sell F&F clothes, which have no physical presence in the stores due to lack of space.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London