Royal Mail unveils direct marketing facility MarketReach
The Royal Mail is expanding its business with the launch of its own direct marketing services facility, MarketReach, to help boost the use of mail marketing by UK brands.
Royal Mail: launches MarketReach direct marketing facility
The government-owned postal service will provide both brands and agencies with a range of direct marketing services, including planning, production, data and creative services, to help fill a "gap" in skills at partner organisations.
Royal Mail said it was looking to "behave more like a media owner", and less like an industry advisory body such as the RAB or Thinkbox, by helping advertisers to integrate "real elements" into increasingly digitally-led campaigns
In partnership with technology companies Incentivated, favourthebrave.co.uk and Digital Space, MarketReach will advise on the use of tools such as SMS, digital watermarking and QR code activation.
The organisation has hired more than 20 agency and brand specialists towards the creation of a 100-strong internal team. It has also partnered with creative agency Clinic London, production firm St Ives, data specialists Callcredit, and agency EHS 4D Discovery, for additional capabilities.
Frank Schinella, managing director of Royal Mail’s media business, claimed the move would help the business to increase its share of the £16bn UK advertising market: "We want to help advertisers and agencies by providing the skills and expertise to make it even easier to add mail to their marketing activities."
He said: "We know that in a competitive environment, getting your message across to customers in a planned, targeted and impactful way is integral to business success. Mail is a great way to complement and integrate digital advertising, adding a real element to a campaign," said Schinella
Royal Mail will support the launch of MarketReach with a trade marketing campaign featuring the strapline, "We believe in the power of real."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London