O&M scoops $25m Goldman Sachs global account
US banking giant Goldman Sachs has awarded its $25m brand and global advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather, despite the agency not being shortlisted.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US banking giant Goldman Sachs has awarded its $25m brand and global advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather, despite the agency not being shortlisted.
The shortlisted agencies were D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles and Mullen, after Goldman Sachs began shopping for a new agency in April.
The decision on the account was delayed since early July, as executives at Ogilvy parent WPP Group thrashed out a deal with their counterparts at Goldman Sachs. O&M co-president Bill Gray confirmed the agency did not go through the normal pitch process.
David May, Goldman Sachs vice-president of global marketing, said, “Ogilvy has a global presence and perspective, and we felt they were ideally suited to help us develop a global brand strategy and create the kind of advertising which will support the Goldman Sachs brand worldwide.”
Neither company would comment on whether O&M’s American Express account would conflict with its deal with Goldman Sachs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- FMCG Brand Manager JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits + Bonus, North West
- SEO Account Manager PFJ £34000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Director - branding agency Gabriele Skelton £65000 per annum, London