O&M scoops $25m Goldman Sachs global account
US banking giant Goldman Sachs has awarded its $25m brand and global advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather, despite the agency not being shortlisted.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US banking giant Goldman Sachs has awarded its $25m brand and global advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather, despite the agency not being shortlisted.
The shortlisted agencies were D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles and Mullen, after Goldman Sachs began shopping for a new agency in April.
The decision on the account was delayed since early July, as executives at Ogilvy parent WPP Group thrashed out a deal with their counterparts at Goldman Sachs. O&M co-president Bill Gray confirmed the agency did not go through the normal pitch process.
David May, Goldman Sachs vice-president of global marketing, said, “Ogilvy has a global presence and perspective, and we felt they were ideally suited to help us develop a global brand strategy and create the kind of advertising which will support the Goldman Sachs brand worldwide.”
Neither company would comment on whether O&M’s American Express account would conflict with its deal with Goldman Sachs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire