O&M scoops $25m Goldman Sachs global account
US banking giant Goldman Sachs has awarded its $25m brand and global advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather, despite the agency not being shortlisted.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US banking giant Goldman Sachs has awarded its $25m brand and global advertising account to Ogilvy & Mather, despite the agency not being shortlisted.
The shortlisted agencies were D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles and Mullen, after Goldman Sachs began shopping for a new agency in April.
The decision on the account was delayed since early July, as executives at Ogilvy parent WPP Group thrashed out a deal with their counterparts at Goldman Sachs. O&M co-president Bill Gray confirmed the agency did not go through the normal pitch process.
David May, Goldman Sachs vice-president of global marketing, said, “Ogilvy has a global presence and perspective, and we felt they were ideally suited to help us develop a global brand strategy and create the kind of advertising which will support the Goldman Sachs brand worldwide.”
Neither company would comment on whether O&M’s American Express account would conflict with its deal with Goldman Sachs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London