Comedian Dave Gorman to appear at IAB Engage
Dave Gorman, the comedian, broadcaster and author of 'Googlewhack Adventure', will be the special guest at the IAB's annual Engage conference, to be held at The Barbican on 25 October.
Dave Gorman: this year's special guest at IAB Engage
Gorman, who has the late Sunday morning slot on Absolute Radio also has three best-selling books under his belt, notably the 'Googlewhack Adventure', centred around finding search terms that yield just one result when typed into Google.
Gorman won a Bafta for scripts for the BBC's 'Mrs Merton Show' and filmed several segments with Jon Stewart for US satirical staple 'The Daily Show'. He will unveil his new show, 'Dave Gorman's Powerpoint Presentation' at the Edinburgh Festival.
'Genius', Gorman's programme for BBC Radio 4, has been made into two successful television series for BBC Two while his documentary 'Dave Gorman in America Unchained' won the Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature at the Austin film festival.
IAB Engage is backed by media partner Brand Republic. This year it will focus on how digital "is shaping entire businesses, including customer service, operations and IT," according to IAB chief executive Guy Phillipson.
Other speakers at the event include Ajaz Ahmed, AKQA's co-founder who recently sold his agency to WPP for $540m, Dick Costolo, Twitter's chief executive and Peter Duffy, easyJet's marketing director.
Nick Lansley, head of R&D at Tesco, and Matthew Turner, director of online sales and marketing at BSkyB, will talk about how they have transformed their approach to business and marketing to adapt to the digital age.
Also on the line-up is Steve Henry, co-founder of Decode, which teaches people to code, Andy Hart, general manager, for Microsoft UK’s advertising and online division and Simon Rogers, news editor of the Guardian.
This year’s fireside chat will be hosted by Rory Sutherland, executive creative director and vice-chairman at OgilvyOne.
Gorman will round the day off, talking to Phillipson.
Sponsors include Tribal Fusion, Unruly Media and Microsoft.
To book a ticket visit the IAB website.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham