Comedian Dave Gorman to appear at IAB Engage
Dave Gorman, the comedian, broadcaster and author of 'Googlewhack Adventure', will be the special guest at the IAB's annual Engage conference, to be held at The Barbican on 25 October.
Dave Gorman: this year's special guest at IAB Engage
Gorman, who has the late Sunday morning slot on Absolute Radio also has three best-selling books under his belt, notably the 'Googlewhack Adventure', centred around finding search terms that yield just one result when typed into Google.
Gorman won a Bafta for scripts for the BBC's 'Mrs Merton Show' and filmed several segments with Jon Stewart for US satirical staple 'The Daily Show'. He will unveil his new show, 'Dave Gorman's Powerpoint Presentation' at the Edinburgh Festival.
'Genius', Gorman's programme for BBC Radio 4, has been made into two successful television series for BBC Two while his documentary 'Dave Gorman in America Unchained' won the Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature at the Austin film festival.
IAB Engage is backed by media partner Brand Republic. This year it will focus on how digital "is shaping entire businesses, including customer service, operations and IT," according to IAB chief executive Guy Phillipson.
Other speakers at the event include Ajaz Ahmed, AKQA's co-founder who recently sold his agency to WPP for $540m, Dick Costolo, Twitter's chief executive and Peter Duffy, easyJet's marketing director.
Nick Lansley, head of R&D at Tesco, and Matthew Turner, director of online sales and marketing at BSkyB, will talk about how they have transformed their approach to business and marketing to adapt to the digital age.
Also on the line-up is Steve Henry, co-founder of Decode, which teaches people to code, Andy Hart, general manager, for Microsoft UK’s advertising and online division and Simon Rogers, news editor of the Guardian.
This year’s fireside chat will be hosted by Rory Sutherland, executive creative director and vice-chairman at OgilvyOne.
Gorman will round the day off, talking to Phillipson.
Sponsors include Tribal Fusion, Unruly Media and Microsoft.
To book a ticket visit the IAB website.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London