Nielsen/NetRatings debuts global banner-ad rankings
Internet audience measurement firm Nielsen/NetRatings has released its first global banner-ad rankings survey revealing heavy-spending global brands are winning the largest audience.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Internet audience measurement firm Nielsen/NetRatings has released its first global banner-ad rankings survey revealing heavy-spending global brands are winning the largest audience.
The findings come from the company’s BannerTrack service, which ranks banner ads by impression, domain and company. The results for June highlighted Yahoo! and MSN as global brands which ran heavy ad schedules in several countries, including the UK.
They are also consistently at the top of the Nielsen/NetRankings global properties rankings.
David Day, director of analytical services at ACNielsen eRatings.comm, said, “While their success in drawing large local audiences is tied to their careful attention to local content, we cannot discount their heavy advertising, which focuses on such value-added services as instant messaging, sports, travel and shopping pages.”
In the UK, however, Microsoft Windows Technologies was the advertiser with the most impressive reach of 13.12%.
MSN Football Channel was second, with a reach of 8.15%, followed by MSN Travel Channel with 7.83%, MSN Personal Finance Channel with 7.46% and MSN Shopping Channel with 7.36%. Reach is defined by the number of unique users that viewed a web banner at least once during June.
The report also shows the average click rate for ad banners by country. Users in New Zealand topped the league with a click rate of 0.60%, followed by Ireland with 0.52%. The UK click rate was 0.45%, slightly behind the US’s 0.45%.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London