Trading places: this week's people moves
Paddy Power brings in two former marketers from Domino's and Sky while Ian Dowds joins Trinity Mirror Digital as managing director, media, in this week's round-up of people moves across advertising, marketing and media.
AMV digital hires: (l-r) Andrew Pinkess, Gregory Roekens and Saher Sidhom
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has boosted its digital capabilities with the appointment of Wunderman's Gregory Roekens, Ogilvy & Mather's Saher Sidhom and LBi's Andrew Pinkess. (Campaign)
Paddy Power has made a clutch of heavyweight marketing hires, bringing on board former Domino's marketer Robin Auld and ex-Sky marketing strategy director Danny Russell in new positions. (Marketing)
BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion has parted ways with its top European marketer, Sarah Probert, following deep cuts to its global workforce. (Marketing)
BSkyB has appointed Stephen Ladlow, currently the sponsorship controller at Sky Media, to the position of director of Challenge and Pick TV, its free-to-air TV stations. (Campaign)
Carat has hired Matthew Knight in the new role of strategic technologies director. Knight will join Carat's strategy and innovation team, reporting to the chief strategy officer, Matthew Hook. (Campaign)
CNBC has appointed vice-president of advertising at The Economist, Jason Webby, as senior vice-president of sales. (Media Week)
Ian Dowds, who recently left his role as the sales director at News International, has joined its rival as the managing director, media, at Trinity Mirror Digital. (Campaign)
Rupert Britton, content strategy director at Drum, has joined Starcom MediaVest Group's branded content division, LiquidThread, as content strategy director. (Media Week)
Rob Norman, the GroupM North America chief executive and GroupM Interaction global chief executive, has been promoted to the new role of chief digital officer. As a result, Maxus global chief executive Kelly Clark is taking up Norman's GroupM North America role and will in turn be succeeded by GroupM India and South Asia chief executive, Vikram Sakhuja. (Media Week).
Oliver Wood has also joined Maxus from GroupM in the new role of search and biddable director. (Media Week)
Channel 4 has appointed Tanya O'Sullivan, the former head of airtime and sales operations at Channel 5, as its head of airtime management and operations, replacing Merlin Inkley. (Media Week)
The New York Times has appointed outgoing BBC director general Mark Thompson as its new president and chief executive after months of speculation. (Media Week)
Spotify has promoted UK managing director Chris Maples to the role of vice president of Europe. (Media Week)
MEC's international arm, MEC Global Solutions, has appointed Laura Scott, head of digital strategy at ad agency Addiction, as social director, replacing Michelle Lyons. (Media Week)
Getmemedia.com, the marketing ideas website, has appointed Gary Hughes, former chief financial officer of Gala Coral Group and group finance director at Emap, as its new chairman. (Media Week)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...