BT takes control of German joint venture
BT is to buy a further 45% stake in its joint venture company Viag Interkom for $6bn, giving it a controlling interest in the telecoms firm.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – BT is to buy a further 45% stake in its joint venture company Viag Interkom for $6bn, giving it a controlling interest in the telecoms firm.
Viag was set up by BT in partnership with German energy group Eon. The deal represents another step in BT’s strategy to become a pan-European service provider. The German operation adds to ventures it now controls in the Netherlands and Ireland.
Viag Interkom is Germany’s third-largest telecoms group with operations in fixed-line and mobile communications.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Project Manager Tomorrow Recruitment Up to £45k, West London
- Trading Director, Retail Premier Consultants c.£200k+ plus senior management benefits, Confidential