Virgin to launch online comparative store
The Virgin Group is set to launch a comparative internet shopping service called Virgin Shopper, which will compare prices online and hunt down the best deals for consumers
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The Virgin Group is set to launch a comparative internet shopping service called Virgin Shopper, which will compare prices online and hunt down the best deals for consumers
Available through Virgin Mobile Phones and Virgin.com, the service aims to exploit public opinion against “rip-off Britain”. It will search for the best prices and delivery times for goods like televisions, DVDs and CDs. It is believed that houses, furniture and cosmetics will soon be added to the service.
The service will compete head to head with existing comparative shopping sites such as Kelkoo.com and Shopsmart.com.
The group’s own Virgin Megastores music retail business is not yet available on the service, but Virgin is said to be confident that it will sign up soon.
Virgin claims to be the third most-recognised brand in the UK, with more than 200 companies worldwide. Total revenue came to more than £3bn in 1999.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands