Virgin to launch online comparative store
The Virgin Group is set to launch a comparative internet shopping service called Virgin Shopper, which will compare prices online and hunt down the best deals for consumers
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The Virgin Group is set to launch a comparative internet shopping service called Virgin Shopper, which will compare prices online and hunt down the best deals for consumers
Available through Virgin Mobile Phones and Virgin.com, the service aims to exploit public opinion against “rip-off Britain”. It will search for the best prices and delivery times for goods like televisions, DVDs and CDs. It is believed that houses, furniture and cosmetics will soon be added to the service.
The service will compete head to head with existing comparative shopping sites such as Kelkoo.com and Shopsmart.com.
The group’s own Virgin Megastores music retail business is not yet available on the service, but Virgin is said to be confident that it will sign up soon.
Virgin claims to be the third most-recognised brand in the UK, with more than 200 companies worldwide. Total revenue came to more than £3bn in 1999.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London