Strictly Come Dancing wins Saturday night ratings crown
ITV1's 'The X Factor' was beaten by 'Strictly Come Dancing' again on Saturday night, although the former continues to be the biggest commercial TV show by far on Saturday nights.
Strictly Come Dancing: Ola Jordan and Sid Owen in their final dance on Saturday
According to unofficial overnight viewers, ‘The X Factor’ lured in a peak audience of 9.06 million (or 9.4 million including ITV1 +1), compared to the peak of 10.84 million viewers who watched ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ on BBC One and BBC One HD.
Despite losing out to ‘Strictly’, ‘The X Factor’ was still the largest TV programme on a commercial channel by some margin, with an average audience of 8.07 million viewers, a 34.6% share, on ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 8.30pm and 10.15pm.
An additional 308,500 watched ‘The X Factor’ an hour later on ITV1 +1.
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ attracted an average audience of 9.56 million viewers between 6.30pm and 8.15pm on BBC One and BBC One HD, a 43.5% share of the available audience.
The audiences for both ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ and ‘The X Factor’ this weekend represented a decline from the previous week, when they peaked at 11.32 million and 9.26 million viewers respectively.
‘The Jonathan Ross Show’ received an average audience of 3.23 million viewers across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 10.15pm and 11.15pm, an 18.3% share. An additional 243,800 watched the show on ITV1 +1.
The demise of Peter Capaldi’s Malcolm Tucker in the satire ‘The Thick of It’ got an average audience of 852,200 viewers across BBC Two and BBC HD between 9.30pm and 10pm on Saturday night.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London