3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Robinsons "Wimbledon"
Robinsons relationship with the Wimbledon Tennis Championships goes back to the 1930s when Eric Smedley-Hodgson first mixed barley crystals with fresh lemon and sugar to serve to the players.
Robinsons wanted to emphasise this heritage, "reclaim consumers' hearts and minds" and make the brand stand out from other Wimbledon sponsors.
The vehicle to do this was a beautifully crafted, 60-second spot called "imagine", which showed families from across the nation in the build-up to the iconic event and their hopes of crowning a British winner. "It will happen again and we will be part of it," says the voiceover at the end of the ad.
The Wimbledon campaign was developed at BBH, London, by executive creative director Nick Gill, copywriter Daniel Schaefer, art director Szymon Rose and agency TV producer Ben Davies. The ad was directed by Benito Montorio and produced by Jimmy Bland from Blink Productions.
It won Gold and Silver awards at the 2010 British Arrows.
To see more films in this series, visit Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London