3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Robinsons "Wimbledon"
Robinsons relationship with the Wimbledon Tennis Championships goes back to the 1930s when Eric Smedley-Hodgson first mixed barley crystals with fresh lemon and sugar to serve to the players.
Robinsons wanted to emphasise this heritage, "reclaim consumers' hearts and minds" and make the brand stand out from other Wimbledon sponsors.
The vehicle to do this was a beautifully crafted, 60-second spot called "imagine", which showed families from across the nation in the build-up to the iconic event and their hopes of crowning a British winner. "It will happen again and we will be part of it," says the voiceover at the end of the ad.
The Wimbledon campaign was developed at BBH, London, by executive creative director Nick Gill, copywriter Daniel Schaefer, art director Szymon Rose and agency TV producer Ben Davies. The ad was directed by Benito Montorio and produced by Jimmy Bland from Blink Productions.
It won Gold and Silver awards at the 2010 British Arrows.
To see more films in this series, visit Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London