BBC poaches from Granada for Beeb Ventures chief
BBC Worldwide, the BBC’s commercial arm, has appointed Granada Media’s Julian Turner as chief executive officer of its new subsidiary Beeb Ventures.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – BBC Worldwide, the BBC’s commercial arm, has appointed Granada Media’s Julian Turner as chief executive officer of its new subsidiary Beeb Ventures.
Turner joins from Granada Media where he was director of online and interactive media. He joins the company on September 18 and will report to Drew Kaza, BBC Worldwide’s managing director. He will be responsible for rolling out Beeb.com’s e-commerce business.
Turner will be joined by Kym Niblock, who arrives from Nickelodeon International as chief operating officer. Niblock was deputy managing director at Nickelodeon.
Beeb Ventures was announced on August 22 in a deal with US-based internet investment firm, TH Lee Global. It incorporates beeb.com and freebeeb.net, the free internet access service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London