BBC poaches from Granada for Beeb Ventures chief
BBC Worldwide, the BBC’s commercial arm, has appointed Granada Media’s Julian Turner as chief executive officer of its new subsidiary Beeb Ventures.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – BBC Worldwide, the BBC’s commercial arm, has appointed Granada Media’s Julian Turner as chief executive officer of its new subsidiary Beeb Ventures.
Turner joins from Granada Media where he was director of online and interactive media. He joins the company on September 18 and will report to Drew Kaza, BBC Worldwide’s managing director. He will be responsible for rolling out Beeb.com’s e-commerce business.
Turner will be joined by Kym Niblock, who arrives from Nickelodeon International as chief operating officer. Niblock was deputy managing director at Nickelodeon.
Beeb Ventures was announced on August 22 in a deal with US-based internet investment firm, TH Lee Global. It incorporates beeb.com and freebeeb.net, the free internet access service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London