3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Justin Tindall
Justin Tindall, group executive creative director, Leo Burnett London reveals the three ad campaigns he admires but had nothing to do with.
About the series
In this series of short films, leading Thinkbox Creative Academy members have the tricky task of selecting just three TV ads that have inspired them: brilliant commercials, old and new, that they admire but had nothing to do with.
The idea is not only to explore some of our greatest ads in the company of people who know a thing or two about making them, but also – because of the proven link between creativity and effectiveness – encourage the advertising industry to even greater heights.
We hope you enjoy the films.
To see more in this series, visit the Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With archive
Justin Tindall, group executive creative director, Leo Burnett London
Attracted by the "ideas" side of advertising, Tindall, who graduated alongside Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin with a degree in Fine Art from Goldsmiths College, is the group executive creative director of Leo Burnett London.
Seven years at DDB London saw Justin become Head of Art, Creative Director, a member of the Exec Board and one of the most awarded Creatives in the World. His work for Volkswagen, Lurpak, Marmite, The Guardian and Harvey Nichols winning the top honours at all the World’s major Advertising Festivals including D&AD, Cannes Lions, BTAA Arrows, 'The One Show' and The Clios.
2006 saw Justin move to The Red Brick Road as Creative Partner where he oversaw multi-award winning campaigns for Heineken, Olympus, Thinkbox and Magners Cider.
In 2011, he served on the Cannes Lions Film jury. "Nothing moves you like moving pictures – moves you to tears, to laughter, to anger, to frustration," he said. "Good film work moves you to feel all these things. Great film work moves you to act."
His formula for picking the best work? "My Gold standard is simple: I wish I'd thought of that".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London