Leo Burnett ECD Justin Tindall presents three great ads he had nothing to do with
Television ads for Match.com, Volkswagen Polo and Stella Artois have been singled out by Leo Burnett executive creative director Justin Tindall for being three great ads in recent years.
Tindall, who served on the Cannes Lions Film jury in 2011, reveals his choices during this short video created in association with Thinkbox and Brand Republic.
He praises Stella Artois' 'Good Doctor' ad by Lowe Lintas & Partners for its direction and how it breaks with the norms of premium beer advertising. "I can't think of any campaign which has more premium a feel than that campaign but there are none of the obvious cues about being premium in it."
The VW Polo ad by BMP DDB, which was written by Jeremy Craigen and directed by Jonathan Glazer, includes "really memorable moments" and "at its heart is a human truth that is absolutely unarguable", Tindall claims.
His third great ad is Mother's 'Accidental Duet' execution for Match.com in 2010, which he says "It absolutely stopped me in my tracks ... it really feels like a film."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London