Interpublic consolidates PR operations
The Interpublic Group of Companies is to consolidate its three main public relations networks, Weber Public Relations Worldwide, Golin/Harris International and Shandwick International, into two, thereby creating the world’s largest PR firm.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The Interpublic Group of Companies is to consolidate its three main public relations networks, Weber Public Relations Worldwide, Golin/Harris International and Shandwick International, into two, thereby creating the world’s largest PR firm.
The group is merging Weber’s technology practice with Shandwick International. The new giant will be called Weber Shandwick Worldwide and will be based in New York with offices in 68 cities and 22 countries and with a worldwide revenue of almost $300m.
The remaining offices of Weber will then be merged with Golin/Harris International. This new entity will also have a wider global presence, with plans for further expansion.
Interpublic Group was, until five years ago, mostly an advertising holding company. It is the parent company of ad agencies McCann-Erickson Worldwide and Lowe Lintas & Partners. In 1996, the group bought Weber, then it bought Shandwick and Golin/Harris’s parent company, International Public Relations, in 1998.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Social Media Manager - Fashion - Paris Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Development Communications Officer Imperial College London £33,590 - £41,540 p.a., South Kensington, London
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Role, FMCG brand, ATL, Integrated & Digital - award winning agency MODA consult £35k - £37k plus excellent benefits, Central London