Interpublic consolidates PR operations
The Interpublic Group of Companies is to consolidate its three main public relations networks, Weber Public Relations Worldwide, Golin/Harris International and Shandwick International, into two, thereby creating the world’s largest PR firm.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The Interpublic Group of Companies is to consolidate its three main public relations networks, Weber Public Relations Worldwide, Golin/Harris International and Shandwick International, into two, thereby creating the world’s largest PR firm.
The group is merging Weber’s technology practice with Shandwick International. The new giant will be called Weber Shandwick Worldwide and will be based in New York with offices in 68 cities and 22 countries and with a worldwide revenue of almost $300m.
The remaining offices of Weber will then be merged with Golin/Harris International. This new entity will also have a wider global presence, with plans for further expansion.
Interpublic Group was, until five years ago, mostly an advertising holding company. It is the parent company of ad agencies McCann-Erickson Worldwide and Lowe Lintas & Partners. In 1996, the group bought Weber, then it bought Shandwick and Golin/Harris’s parent company, International Public Relations, in 1998.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Sr Designer Red Sofa London £40000 - £55000 per annum, City of London