True North buys UK internet firm
US ad giant True North has bought UK internet direct marketing company Opus to strengthen its position in the sector outside the US.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US ad giant True North has bought UK internet direct marketing company Opus to strengthen its position in the sector outside the US.
It has also bought Brazilian internet firm Datamidia to expand its internet marketing operations throughout central and South America.
Both companies, bought for undisclosed sums, will become part of True North’s FCB Worldwide interactive arm, although Opus will retain its brand identity.
Opus specialises in direct marketing over the internet, market research and media relations services for technology companies in Europe including 3Com, Gartner Group, Motorola and Citrix.
True North, which owns Bozell Worldwide, FCB and the BJK&E media company, has pitched and won a number of major accounts enabling it to fund acquisitions in key growth areas.
Its agencies won business from Compaq, Boeing and Timberland. Chairman David Bell said sales from new business wins increased to $537m in the second quarter of the year, more than triple the $168m gained for the same period last year.
Opus senior director Tim Beadle said, “The acquisition gives us the opportunity to offer truly global marketing services to the IT industry and gives us the resources to take the group into its next growth stage.”
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire