Infographic: Chelsea and BBC score high levels of Twitter engagement
BBC News, Chelsea and Arsenal are three of the British brands among those that score the highest levels of engagement on Twitter, according to this infographic from Nestivity.
Nestivity: publishes top 25 most engaged brands on Twitter
What's interesting from the research here is that despite some brands such as @JetBlue, @AmericanExpress and @WholeFoods having more than one million followers each, they don't generate a huge amount of engagement.
The problem for many brands on Twitter is that they put out a lot of messages each day, but there is little strategy behind the content being shared and subsequently few pay attention.
Worse still, many brands simply do not answer tweets that are being sent their way. The research found that over 73% of tweets directed to the top retail brands on Twitter go unanswered.
That strongly indicates that many brands treat Twitter like a one way broadcast medium when two way communication is essential for success. That in short is how you get noticed and how you score decent levels of engagement.
Just look at this conversation here between @Charmin & @Kmart. That shows brands using Twitter to great effect by simply engaging.
It echoes the recent game of noughts and crosses on Twitter between Kit Kat and Oreo.
Kit Kat challenged Oreo to a game following a tweet from a fan called Lauren Ellen who tweeted "Can tell I like chocolate a bit too much when I'm following @KITKAT and @Oreo hahahahahah". The two brands then famous tweeted back and forth and gained high levels of engagement.
This kind of Twitter behaviour is from the norm, but as the study says there are plenty of brands who have cracked it such as @FunnyorDie, @NASA, @Disney and @WWE.
The top five brands listed are Notebook of Love (@Notebook), @Disneywords, @ESPN, @PlayStation and @Disney.
To see the full list check on the infographic on The Wall.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...