UK comedy talent joins YouTube's first comedy week
Top UK comedy talent, including David Mitchell and Jamie Oliver, will be joining YouTube's first-ever comedy week.
Sarah Silverman will be appearing during YouTube comedy week
YouTube Comedy Week will run from 20 to 25 May to showcase the best of comedy on YouTube.
The event has been organized in response to comedy’s huge popularity on the video sharing site – comedy channels now represent seven out of the site's 10 most subscribed channels.
YouTube hopes the event will shine a spotlight on the creators behind the content and channels. Justin Gayner, founder of YouTube network ChannelFlip and executive producer of the UK’s Comedy Week said YouTube’s one billion users will make it the biggest comedy event in history.
He said: "We’ve got a stellar line-up of talent including famous favourites and some great new stars. There are going to be some amazing surprises during the week, so it’s well worth a daily visit to see what treats we’ve got lined up."
The UK talent is joined by US stars including Vince Vaughn, Seth Rogen and Sarah Silverman.
A live stream variety show featuring a mix of stand-up, sketches and music performances will kick off the comedy week in Los Angeles. The event will also feature new episodes from popular YouTube comedy shows and celebrities' top ten lists.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum, Newmarket
- Account Executive - boutique design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Internal Communications Manager Barclay Meade £40000 per annum + Benefits, Oxfordshire