Interpublic appoints former top Y&R executive
The Interpublic Group of Companies has appointed Bruce Nelson, former vice chairman of Young & Rubicam, as its executive vice president and chief marketing officer.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - The Interpublic Group of Companies has appointed Bruce Nelson, former vice chairman of Young & Rubicam, as its executive vice-president and chief marketing officer.
Nelson will oversee an increasingly diversified range of Interpublic companies, encompassing advertising, interactive and direct marketing, public relations, media services, research and consulting.
Nelson left Y&R in September 1999 to take time off to spend more time with his family. During that time he joined the boards of three dotcom companies. Before joining Y&R, he worked for McCann-Erickson for nine years.
He will report directly to John Dooner, president and chief operating officer at Interpublic and who becomes chief executive officer in January.
Interpublic owns the Lowe Lintas and McCann-Erickson advertising networks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham