Volkswagen uses YouTube to great effect in new ad
Volkswagen manipulates YouTube cleverly in a new ad that asks viewers to interact with the film and predict what would happen next.
VW asks viewers to interact with YouTube
The ad, created by Brazilian agency AlmapBBDO, promotes VW's side assist feature, which warns drivers about incoming traffic they might not have seen.
In the film a man asks viewers to click with their mouse pointer at a later point in the video. This activates the YouTube preview feature that shows what will happen next.
With the help of the viewer, the man gets a lucky escape and explains how the Volkswagen Side Assist feature works by showing other vehicles when they are in the side mirror’s blind spot.
Clients: Fabio Rabelo and Arthur Martins, marketing senior manager at Volkswagen Brasil.
Creative: Luiz Sanches
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London