Ricky Gervais returns with David Brent for YouTube's Comedy Week
YouTube has teamed up with Ricky Gervais to bring his David Brent character back to the screen in a new internet series called 'Learn Guitar with David Brent' as part of YouTube's Comedy Week.
Ricky Gervais: teaches guitar as David Brent on YouTube
The series follows Brent's resurrection for a one-off 'Comic Relief' episode in March, which featured the cringe worthy former Slough office manager trying to make it in the music business with a video called 'Equality Street'.
Now with music still in his sights, Brent invites the world into his home to learn more about the man, the myth and his song writing tips. He also takes time to share his wisdom and philosophies on life. You can see the first clip of his new show below.
We also get the first the glimpse of a new albums worth of material that is unveiled live as part of YouTube's Comedy Week, which runs from 20 - 25 May.
Gervais described YouTube as one of the most important players in the future of the entertainment industry. He said: "It is globally accessible, and it's only limit is our imaginations."
The return of Brent in Comic Relief has been watched around the world and his 'Equality Street' YouTube video (below) alone garnered more than 3.2 million views.
The line-up for YouTube's Comedy Week includes Vince Vaughn, David Mitchell, Jamie Oliver, Seth Rogen, Midnight Beast, Tomska and Danisnotonfire among many others.
Rich Waterworth, head of Comedy Week UK for YouTube, said: "Ricky Gervais has a massive following on YouTube and they’ll be thrilled to see his new series with the infamous David Brent.
"YouTube is the home of comedy for the next generation so join us for Comedy Week as we celebrate the best of comedy on YouTube."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Powerpoint Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, London
- Performance Marketing Manager Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Car Allowance, Uxbridge