Beckham in 12 ads: Will retirement change his sponsored life?
What does David Beckham's retirement from football mean for sponsors? The iconic player has appeared in more ads than any other player in the history of football.
David Beckham: announces his retirement
He has earned hundreds of millions of pounds off the pitch, picking up on average more than £12m a year.
In the past 12 months, the 38-year-old footballer has played for Manchester United, Real Madrid and LA Galaxy. He finishes his professional career at French side Paris ST Germain, where he has donated his salary to charity.
He has appeared in ads for Sainsbury’s, adidas, Diet Coke, Emporio Armani (alongside his wife Victoria), and famously H&M, in which he ran around in his boxer shorts.
He was also Olympics ambassador for Samsung and was Elle magazine's first solo male cover star.
Now that his professional playing career is over will it signal and end to "brand Beckham" and his world-class sponsorship status, or boost it?
Speculation is that his future career could spark a return to Los Angeles where he could pursue the option of owning and running a Major League Soccer club.
MLS franchises in Miami and New York have approached Beckham who asked for the option to own a club when he joined Los Angeles Galaxy in 2007.
Both clubs are hopeful they will become MLS clubs before 2016, and both are keen for Beckham to play a major role.
It might be that life as an MLS owner will see him step back from a life strutting around in his pants for the camera.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Development Manager Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Events Coordinator Brand Recruitment £18000 per annum + benefits, Watford
- PR Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Lowestoft
- Creative Recruitment Consultant (Freelance Specialist) Â– Blue Skies Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames