Telewest names Orange chief as CEO
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK cable operator Telewest has recruited Orange UK’s chief operating officer Bob Fuller as chief executive of its cable division.
Fuller was appointed COO of Orange in 1997. It is understood that he has been brought in to fill the gap created when Telewest’s former chief executive officer Tony Illsley left earlier this year.
Illsley resigned when Adam Singer took up the post of CEO following Telewest’s merger with Flextech, of which Singer was chief executive.
Singer is regarded among city analysts as having a strong vision for the cable operator. However, it has also been said that the company is lacking in strategy and requires another senior executive to oversee the cable network’s operations.
Fuller will take up his new post on December 1 and will be responsible for the company’s residential and business network services. He will report to Singer.
Singer said, “It is a serious coup for Telewest to have got its hands on top-flight telephone talent and experience like Bob’s. His operational skills and strategic thinking will underpin and accelerate our plans to exploit our network.”
Telewest’s share price suffered during the summer, when the company admitted that it would fail to meet its target for subscribers to its digital services, following a shortage of set-top boxes.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London