Despicable Me 2 characters plot first Mumsnet takeover
'Despicable Me 2' "minions" will hijack the Mumsnet homepage and logo for one week from Monday 24 June, marking the first time the site has carried a takeover campaign in its 13-year history.
Despicable Me 2: minions take over Mumsnet
The promotion for the Universal Pictures film will rename the site 'Minionsnet' and coincides with the release of 'Despicable Me 2' on Friday 28 June.
The activity is part of a fully integrated campaign that includes advance screenings of the film for 400 Mumsnet users in Manchester and London, online competitions and on-site advertising.
Carrie Longton, the co-founder of Mumsnet, said: "We're excited to be working on this media first for the site and think the Mumsnetters – or should we call them Minionsnetters this week – will love the idea of cheeky Minions taking over the homepage and logo.
"The campaigns that work best on Mumsnet are those that are creative and really engage the Mumsnet community, and the activities we have lined up for the 'Despicable Me 2' campaign will do just that."
The minions have also inspired an experiential game by TED@MediaCom, which will run on 259 Clear Channel digital screens in 51 shopping malls across the UK, France, Spain, Norway and Finland.
Users can interact with the screens via their mobiles to control the characters and issue commands, which the minions will then perform. Players will also receive a link to a copy of a personalised minion film, which can be shared online.
The digital outdoor campaign will use an app designed and built by the digital outdoor production company Grand Visual, as well as Grand Visual's campaign management software OpenLoop.
Traditional outdoor and other digital outdoor advertising will support the interactive campaign.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London