Agencies and brands begin cross-platform ad trials for Nielsen
Nielsen is preparing to offer combined TV and online advertising measurements in the UK for the first time, with the launch of beta trials by brands and agencies for its Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings service.
Nielsen: new service allows it to analyse success of TV and online campaigns
Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings takes the commercial exposures from an advertiser's TV ads and its online ads, and provides a combined audience for the campaign.
It claims to provide advertisers', agencies' and publishers' data, previously unreachable in a scalable, replicable platform, to answer questions including: How many people saw my ad? How many saw it on TV only? Online only? Across both online and TV?
The system works in the UK by combining Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings, launched in October 2012, with TV data from Barb. Results are delivered in terms of reach, frequency, GRPs (Gross Rating Points), unique audience and impressions - all on a daily basis.
Among those across involved in the trials are advertisers Unilever and Mondelez International, (formerly Kraft Foods) and agencies networks Omnicom Media Group, Aegis and Universal McCann London. Publishers and ad networks participating include Adap.tv.
Derek Luddem, Mondelez International’s area media manager for UK, Ireland & Nordics, said removing the barriers to measuring how people really view content is "crucial for advertisers seeking to understand and optimise holistic campaigns.
Chief research officer Mark Greenstreet from Aegis Media, which is testing the system on its clients’ campaigns, added: "We’ve now entered the era where being able to measure and plan exposure to communications across all screen devices is essential in order to deliver efficient and effective display campaigns. Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings is a major step forward."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)