Agencies and brands begin cross-platform ad trials for Nielsen
Nielsen is preparing to offer combined TV and online advertising measurements in the UK for the first time, with the launch of beta trials by brands and agencies for its Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings service.
Nielsen: new service allows it to analyse success of TV and online campaigns
Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings takes the commercial exposures from an advertiser's TV ads and its online ads, and provides a combined audience for the campaign.
It claims to provide advertisers', agencies' and publishers' data, previously unreachable in a scalable, replicable platform, to answer questions including: How many people saw my ad? How many saw it on TV only? Online only? Across both online and TV?
The system works in the UK by combining Nielsen Online Campaign Ratings, launched in October 2012, with TV data from Barb. Results are delivered in terms of reach, frequency, GRPs (Gross Rating Points), unique audience and impressions - all on a daily basis.
Among those across involved in the trials are advertisers Unilever and Mondelez International, (formerly Kraft Foods) and agencies networks Omnicom Media Group, Aegis and Universal McCann London. Publishers and ad networks participating include Adap.tv.
Derek Luddem, Mondelez International’s area media manager for UK, Ireland & Nordics, said removing the barriers to measuring how people really view content is "crucial for advertisers seeking to understand and optimise holistic campaigns.
Chief research officer Mark Greenstreet from Aegis Media, which is testing the system on its clients’ campaigns, added: "We’ve now entered the era where being able to measure and plan exposure to communications across all screen devices is essential in order to deliver efficient and effective display campaigns. Nielsen Cross-Platform Campaign Ratings is a major step forward."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London