BBC gears up for biggest weekend of digital since the Olympics
The BBC is set to deliver 360 hours of digital content this weekend, including coverage from Glastonbury, Wimbledon and the Formula 1 British Grand Prix.
Glastonbury: the BBC plans 177 hours of digital coverage this weekend
The BBC will broadcast approximately 360 hours of digital coverage across PCs, mobiles, tablets and connected TVs.
For the first time, the BBC has hooked up six live streams from Glastonbury and up to 10 from Wimbledon. It will also supply extensive coverage of the F1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone, making this the BBC's biggest digital weekend since the London 2012 Olympics.
From Friday 28 to Sunday 30 June, the broadcaster will provide: 177 hours from Glastonbury, including performances from The Rolling Stones and Rita Ora; 155 hours from Wimbledon; 20 hours from the F1 British Grand Prix; and 11 hours of other sporting events, including the Moto GP and Confederations Cup.
Throughout the weekend, the BBC will be promoting the hashtag #bestseat on Twitter and encouraging viewers to tweet their experiences of the coverage from the comfort of their own homes.
Extra content, such as film clips, images and behind-the-scenes content, will also be shared across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr.
The content will also be available via Virgin Media TiVo, as the platform is enabling the BBC's Connected Red Button, which viewers can use to access live streams of the weekend's performances, for the first time.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London