3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Caitlin Ryan
Caitlin Ryan, outgoing ECD Proximity and incoming Group ECD of Karmarama, reveals the three ad campaigns she admires but had nothing to do with.
About the series
In this series of short films, leading Thinkbox Creative Academy members have the tricky task of selecting just three TV ads that have inspired them: brilliant commercials, old and new, that they admire but had nothing to do with.
The idea is not only to explore some of our greatest ads in the company of people who know a thing or two about making them, but also – because of the proven link between creativity and effectiveness – encourage the advertising industry to even greater heights.
We hope you enjoy the films.
To see more in this series, visit the Three Great Ads I Had Nothing To Do With archive
Caitlin Ryan, outgoing ECD Proximity and incoming Group ECD of KarmaramaCaitlin moved to the UK in 1993 for what was supposed to be a 2 year stint.
She joined Proximity (BHWG) and in 2005 became the Executive Creative Director. Under her Creative Directorship the agency has won more national and international awards than any other direct agency in the UK. She is regularly listed as one of the top 3 Direct Creative Directors in Campaign, because of her ‘passion for the work’. She puts every bit of the agency’s creative success down to the very talented and dedicated team she is lucky enough to have around her.
Caitlin judges regularly and in 2012 represented UK at Cannes on the Direct Jury, was Chair of Direct for Campaign Bigs and spokesperson for the industry.
She sits on the Proximity Worldwide Creative Board, the DMA Awards Committee and is a member of WACL through which she is hoping to help more women stay and thrive in the UK creative industries. She is also joint owner of two of London’s most popular and awarded cafés; Lantana in Fitzrovia and Salvation Jane in Shoreditch.
She is about to take on the position of Group Executive Creative Director at Karmarama.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)