Facebook rolls out Graph Search for US users
Facebook is rolling out Graph Search to everyone who uses the social network in US English, following a trial that began earlier this year.
Facebook: rolls out Graph Search to users in the US
Graph Search rolled out in Beta in January as a tool to search users' relationships, likes and interests. Currently there are more than a billion people, more than 240 billion photos and more than a trillion connections on the site, which have the potential to become part of an individual's graph.
The search results are personalised and unique for each user and are based on what has been shared with them. For example, a search for "photos of New York" will pull up photos taken and shared by friends, as well as public photos.
Two users running the same search will get different results, based on their own friends and what they have shared.
Facebook will automatically update the search box and, to address privacy concerns and will post a notice on every user's home page with instructions on how to control what they share and who they share it with.
Facebook began trialling Graph Search earlier this year. As a result of the feedback, it has made a number of updates to the service, including making it faster at suggesting searches and speeding up the delivery of results. Other improvements include making the interface easier to use, and displaying more relevant results.
In a statement, Facebook said: "Graph Search takes us back to our roots and allows people to use the graph to make 'new' connections."
Mobile Graph Search is also in development, but as yet a launch date has not been announced.
In March, Facebook launched the Home screen for Android, which makes it easier to access the social network from mobile devices.Follow @SusanBillinge
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Marketeer EMR £30000 per annum, London