Brown Forman: Whatever's Comfortable
Launch date: 31st July 2012
Over the past ten years Southern Comfort has been losing relevence with a new generation of potential drinkers - knowing of "it" but not knowing what "it" stood for. The aim of the work was to springboard Southern Comfort back into collective cultural consciousness by creating a piece of film that stayed true to the unique character of Southern Comfort while daring to be different from the rest of the category. We wanted to bring Southern Comfort back to life with a bold and emblazoned attitude.
Strategy and details of activity
We noticed our young drinker was entering the professional world more unsure than ever before - feeling the pressure from brands to become something bigger, better and more mature than who they really were. Conversely, we noticed the history of Southern Comfort was quite secure, sticking to its unique recipe of fruits and spices for over 130 years, never trying to fit into a more mainstream category. Southern Comfort had always been comfortable in what it was and we thought that was a refreshing, exciting and compelling proposition for our young drinker to do the same - living a life of whatever’s comfortable.
With this strategy, we saw Southern Comfort as the champions of people owning their awesome selves, and as the torchbearers for this attitude we had a responsibility to show the world how great life could in the simplest most honest, most provocative way - enter our scantily clad man strutting his stuff down the beach. With no more than a drink in his hand and an attitude to strut, we launched Southern Comfort the product, the brand and the philosophy.
Southern Comfort has seen the following increases on social channels since the launch of "Whatever's Comfortable" Beach:
- Facebook fan growth: 46%
- Facebook weekly engaged users: 50%
- Total YouTube views: 8298%
- Total YouTube engagement: 7697%
- Twitter followers: 112%
- Twitter engagement: 228%
Globally, Southern Comfort had a 3% turnaround in trend from Fiscal 2012 to Fiscal 2013.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London