Nokia profits beat expectations
Finnish mobile phone group Nokia reported a 43% rise in pre-tax profits for the third quarter to €1.34bn against €937m in 1999, beating analyst’s forecasts of €1.06bn.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Finnish mobile phone group Nokia reported a 43% rise in pre-tax profits for the third quarter to €1.34bn against €937m in 1999, beating analyst’s forecasts of €1.06bn.
The company’s mobile phone division recorded a 59% rise in sales to €5.46bn contributing to group sales of €7.58bn, a 50% increase on the same period last year.
Nokia posted its results a week early in response to recently troubled European technology stocks. Shares in the company rose 16% to €41.25 on the Swedish stock exchange in Thursday’s early morning trading.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London