Former Asda chief joins Dyson board
Former Asda chief executive, Allan Leighton has joined the board of directors of British vacuum manufacturer Dyson as a non-executive.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Former Asda chief executive, Allan Leighton has joined the board of directors of British vacuum manufacturer Dyson as a non-executive.
The move follows on the heels of Leighton’s appointment as a non-executive director at internet retailer Lastminute.com. Leighton becomes the privately listed company’s second non-executive director at a time when it is due to launch its latest model.
Dyson said Leighton would be useful for its planned expansion into the US -– he steered through Asda’s 1999 buy-out to US retailer Wal-Mart.
“I am pleased to be involved with such exciting technology and so many new ideas for the future,” he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London