Former Asda chief joins Dyson board
Former Asda chief executive, Allan Leighton has joined the board of directors of British vacuum manufacturer Dyson as a non-executive.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Former Asda chief executive, Allan Leighton has joined the board of directors of British vacuum manufacturer Dyson as a non-executive.
The move follows on the heels of Leighton’s appointment as a non-executive director at internet retailer Lastminute.com. Leighton becomes the privately listed company’s second non-executive director at a time when it is due to launch its latest model.
Dyson said Leighton would be useful for its planned expansion into the US -– he steered through Asda’s 1999 buy-out to US retailer Wal-Mart.
“I am pleased to be involved with such exciting technology and so many new ideas for the future,” he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London