Former Asda chief joins Dyson board
Former Asda chief executive, Allan Leighton has joined the board of directors of British vacuum manufacturer Dyson as a non-executive.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Former Asda chief executive, Allan Leighton has joined the board of directors of British vacuum manufacturer Dyson as a non-executive.
The move follows on the heels of Leighton’s appointment as a non-executive director at internet retailer Lastminute.com. Leighton becomes the privately listed company’s second non-executive director at a time when it is due to launch its latest model.
Dyson said Leighton would be useful for its planned expansion into the US -– he steered through Asda’s 1999 buy-out to US retailer Wal-Mart.
“I am pleased to be involved with such exciting technology and so many new ideas for the future,” he said.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire