Amazon shares suffer as cash flow questions raised
Shares in Amazon.com have slipped after analysts questioned whether the company has as much cash as it reported in its latest quarterly earnings.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Shares in Amazon.com have slipped after analysts questioned whether the company has as much cash as it reported in its latest quarterly earnings.
Amazon’s share price lost $2.75, closing at $32.87 yesterday, after posting an SEC filing stating that it “may seek to sell additional equity or debt securities or to obtain credit at such times as we deem appropriate”.
This, analysts say, could mean that Amazon’s cash flow situation is not as healthy as it appeared on its balance sheet.
Questions were also raised in two recent articles on online news service Barron’s, which suggested that some of Amazon’s accounting practices could make its cash situation look better than the reality.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London