AltaVista wins cybersquatting case
Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
The names, including alkavista.com and actavista.com, were registered by Grandtotal Finances of Panama. According to a UN arbitrator, they had been registered to take advantage of the misspellings of users who were trying to visit Altavista.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London
- Programmatic Account Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London