AltaVista wins cybersquatting case
Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
The names, including alkavista.com and actavista.com, were registered by Grandtotal Finances of Panama. According to a UN arbitrator, they had been registered to take advantage of the misspellings of users who were trying to visit Altavista.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Midweight Team become £25-38K, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary, London