AltaVista wins cybersquatting case
Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
The names, including alkavista.com and actavista.com, were registered by Grandtotal Finances of Panama. According to a UN arbitrator, they had been registered to take advantage of the misspellings of users who were trying to visit Altavista.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Director - Boutique Integrated Agency - Central London - £55-65k + bonus Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k + bonus scheme, Central London
- Recruitment Consultant - Competitive Package - Farringdon, EC1 Fill Recruitment Ltd Excellent package - flexible working (hours/ location), Farringdon, EC1