AltaVista wins cybersquatting case
Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Online search portal AltaVista.com has won the rights to 43 domain names based on misspellings of its name in a UN court of arbitration case.
The names, including alkavista.com and actavista.com, were registered by Grandtotal Finances of Panama. According to a UN arbitrator, they had been registered to take advantage of the misspellings of users who were trying to visit Altavista.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham