Revlon backs new brand with major US ad push
US cosmetics giant Revlon is launching a massive advertising campaign as part of a $20m launch of Revlon Skinlights, and has handed advertising agency Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners New York the creative brief.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US cosmetics giant Revlon is launching a massive advertising campaign as part of a $20m launch of Revlon Skinlights, and has handed advertising agency Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners New York the creative brief.
The appointment of Kirshenbaum is a blow for the company’s in-house agency Tarlow Advertising, which has handled all Revlon’s campaigns in recent years.
The launch comes as the company slashes its media buying and new product launches as part of a massive restructuring programme as it comes under increasing pressure to show positive results. In June, Revlon cut its adspend from $61.4m a year to $42.4m.
Revlon chief executive Jeffrey Nugent said, “Revlon will launch innovative new products to drive real top-line growth.”
Revlon’s ad budget cuts come as other US giant, Procter & Gamble, also said it spent too much on marketing last year. It urged its agencies to concentrate more on direct marketing, staged events and the internet.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London