Revlon backs new brand with major US ad push
US cosmetics giant Revlon is launching a massive advertising campaign as part of a $20m launch of Revlon Skinlights, and has handed advertising agency Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners New York the creative brief.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – US cosmetics giant Revlon is launching a massive advertising campaign as part of a $20m launch of Revlon Skinlights, and has handed advertising agency Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners New York the creative brief.
The appointment of Kirshenbaum is a blow for the company’s in-house agency Tarlow Advertising, which has handled all Revlon’s campaigns in recent years.
The launch comes as the company slashes its media buying and new product launches as part of a massive restructuring programme as it comes under increasing pressure to show positive results. In June, Revlon cut its adspend from $61.4m a year to $42.4m.
Revlon chief executive Jeffrey Nugent said, “Revlon will launch innovative new products to drive real top-line growth.”
Revlon’s ad budget cuts come as other US giant, Procter & Gamble, also said it spent too much on marketing last year. It urged its agencies to concentrate more on direct marketing, staged events and the internet.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands