Asda to expand home shopping service
UK supermarket group Asda is to significantly expand its home shopping service, Asda@home, in a bid to reach 60% of the country within two years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK supermarket group Asda is to significantly expand its home shopping service, Asda@home, in a bid to reach 60% of the country within two years.
The move will create an additional 4,500 jobs according to the retailer, which currently operates its service within the M25 and is able to reach 3m households.
The move will put pressure on rival Tesco’s service, which currently reaches about 90% of UK consumers.
Asda is using stores in West Yorkshire, the Midlands, the south-east and Glasgow for the rollout of the service. Dedicated depots will open once shoppers are using the service, which will be available on the internet and through the Open digital platform from January.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester