Asda to expand home shopping service
UK supermarket group Asda is to significantly expand its home shopping service, Asda@home, in a bid to reach 60% of the country within two years.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – UK supermarket group Asda is to significantly expand its home shopping service, Asda@home, in a bid to reach 60% of the country within two years.
The move will create an additional 4,500 jobs according to the retailer, which currently operates its service within the M25 and is able to reach 3m households.
The move will put pressure on rival Tesco’s service, which currently reaches about 90% of UK consumers.
Asda is using stores in West Yorkshire, the Midlands, the south-east and Glasgow for the rollout of the service. Dedicated depots will open once shoppers are using the service, which will be available on the internet and through the Open digital platform from January.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London