WPP and Finsbury end talks
Talks between UK financial PR company Finsbury and the advertising holding group WPP Group have failed, according to reports.
LONDON (Brand Republic) - Talks between UK financial PR company Finsbury and the advertising holding group WPP Group have failed, according to reports.
WPP, which owns the Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide and Young & Rubicam advertising agencies, was believed to be in discussions last month to buy Finsbury.
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, is said to be committed to expanding WPP into financial PR. Earlier this year, the group also ended unsuccessful discussions with the Maitland Consultancy.
According to FT.com, WPP was negotiating a payment of £15m to £20m for Finsbury with an earn-out deal valuing the company at £50m. However, this price was later deemed “ludicrous” by Sir Martin.
Finsbury was founded in London in 1994 and now advises 10% of the FTSE 100 companies. Its retained client list includes Virgin, Trinity Mirror, Merrill Lynch and Carlton Communications.
The company is now understood to be looking at negotiations with other companies.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London