Shares in Future Network plunge 44%
Shares in Future Network, the UK magazine and internet group, plunged 44% to 272.5p after it warned that it expected full-year profits to be below analyst’s forecasts.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – Shares in Future Network, the UK magazine and internet group, plunged 44% to 272.5p after it warned that it expected full-year profits to be below analyst’s forecasts.
Full-year profits in March for the year ending December 31 are expected to be up 25% to around £40m, but about £6m short of analyst’s expectations.
Revenues are scheduled to be up 30% on last year’s results, to about £260m.
The warning follows a difficult period for the group, which has seen advertising revenues fall and is faced with a £3.25m accounting irregularity at its French division. The French unit’s earnings will be lower and the company will have to bear the cost of external auditors hired to investigate the case.
Future, which publishes the Official PlayStation Magazine for Sony, is also suffering because the games console manufacturer has delayed the launch of its PlayStation2 console.
The company blames the market’s reaction to technology stocks as the reason its business magazine, Business 2.0, which covers technology and the internet, has witnessed a decline in advertising.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London