BBC names Osman head of communications
BBC head of press Sally Osman has been appointed head of communications at the corporation and will report to BBC marketing and communications director Matthew Bannister until he leaves in December.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – BBC head of press Sally Osman has been appointed head of communications at the corporation and will report to BBC marketing and communications director Matthew Bannister until he leaves in December.
Three heads of department will report to Osman: Vander Rumney, who has been promoted to head of publicity; the recently appointed Andrew Whyte, head of corporate and public relations; and Donald Steel, whose title has changed from chief press officer to head of press.
Osman had been seen as one of the frontrunners to take over from Bannister after she was formally invited by the corporation to apply for the director of marketing and communications post.
This promotion does not rule such a move out. Osman, who joined the BBC two years ago from Channel 5, is said to be a more likely replacement than other internal candidates, including head of corporate marketing Jane Frost.
The BBC is said to be appointing headhunters to fill the post. Bannister will leave the BBC in early December.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London