BBC names Osman head of communications
BBC head of press Sally Osman has been appointed head of communications at the corporation and will report to BBC marketing and communications director Matthew Bannister until he leaves in December.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – BBC head of press Sally Osman has been appointed head of communications at the corporation and will report to BBC marketing and communications director Matthew Bannister until he leaves in December.
Three heads of department will report to Osman: Vander Rumney, who has been promoted to head of publicity; the recently appointed Andrew Whyte, head of corporate and public relations; and Donald Steel, whose title has changed from chief press officer to head of press.
Osman had been seen as one of the frontrunners to take over from Bannister after she was formally invited by the corporation to apply for the director of marketing and communications post.
This promotion does not rule such a move out. Osman, who joined the BBC two years ago from Channel 5, is said to be a more likely replacement than other internal candidates, including head of corporate marketing Jane Frost.
The BBC is said to be appointing headhunters to fill the post. Bannister will leave the BBC in early December.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham