BBC names Osman head of communications
BBC head of press Sally Osman has been appointed head of communications at the corporation and will report to BBC marketing and communications director Matthew Bannister until he leaves in December.
LONDON (Brand Republic) – BBC head of press Sally Osman has been appointed head of communications at the corporation and will report to BBC marketing and communications director Matthew Bannister until he leaves in December.
Three heads of department will report to Osman: Vander Rumney, who has been promoted to head of publicity; the recently appointed Andrew Whyte, head of corporate and public relations; and Donald Steel, whose title has changed from chief press officer to head of press.
Osman had been seen as one of the frontrunners to take over from Bannister after she was formally invited by the corporation to apply for the director of marketing and communications post.
This promotion does not rule such a move out. Osman, who joined the BBC two years ago from Channel 5, is said to be a more likely replacement than other internal candidates, including head of corporate marketing Jane Frost.
The BBC is said to be appointing headhunters to fill the post. Bannister will leave the BBC in early December.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London